WHAT IS JAINISM?
- Jainism is sacred life-style, which liberates mankind from all the actions causing grief and leads mankind to the path of civilization, affection, gentleness, and divinity for the progress of the soul.
- It is a sacred code of conduct to liberate oneself from sins and to end all
kinds of sorrows for ever.
- It is ideology given by Jineshwar Bhagavantas which includes Syadvad (Jain Philosophy which holds that there are more than one side to every question and all are right when viewed from different angles) to understand all the matter, substance and principles.
WHAT IS THE INTENTION (GOAL) OF JAINISM?
- To liberate all human beings from sorrow and sin and make them happy in real sense of the word.
- To assure and protect life and give fearlessness to all the creature world in including the minute ones, by non-violent thinking and conduct.
- To teach people all the principles of Jain regime (seven fields), Prachenges and holy cultures for enhancing spiritual and higher progress; to gain genuine strength, inner happiness and prosperity, freedom from all actions. To know the pure, original, ultimate from the soul.
HOW ANCIENT IS JAINISM?
- Jainism is thousands of year ancient from the point of view to sculpture and architecture. It is millions of years old according to the references available in literature and language. According to the writings in the Rigveda, which is considered the most ancient, Jainism has continued since the first Tirthankara, Lord Rishabha Dev.
- According to time calculations, Jainism has existed for more than thousands of millions ( ten billions ) of years. As per religious understanding, it has continued since time infinite.
WHAT, IN REALITY, IS JAINISM? WHAT HAS ONE TO DO TO ADOPT(FOLLOW) IT?
- Jainism makes life and actions as far as possible more and more innocent, sacred and non-violent. It is a science proved religion which leads one to path of peace which ultimately reaches liberation (Moksha).
- One must always do mental recitation of the Navkar Mantra for the acts of violence, give up eating of prohibited food-roots and also eating at night. One must do Samvatsari Pratikraman at least once, must try for virtues such as gentleness etc. Samayika, do obeisance to the gurus, visit to holy places and study the basics of the religion. These are the rules. By strictly following them one can become a genuine Jain.
WHO IS CONSIDERED TO BE THE SENIOR MOST(GREATEST) IN JAINISM?
- Tirthankaras(twenty four promoters of Jainism) are considered to be the senior most. In the absence Ganadhar Bhagavantas; in the absence of them Acharya Bhagavantas, have been ascribed the status of King of 'Jain regime' and chief of 4 kinds of Sharamanas(Jain Sadhus) of leaders of society are considered to be the senior most.
WHAT DOES ONE GET BY FOLLOWING JAIN RELIGION?
- Jainism is a living religion. As the proportion of its following increases the followers achieve all the following thins.
- From the physical point of view good health; from the point of view family one gets harmlessness(innocence) love, harmony and peace. In the social field one gets social status, prestige, success inner happiness and prosperity; from the point of view of the spiritual field, one's progress gradually increases and one becomes full of infinite bliss and liberated from all actions.